- Welcome to my blog...

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Greeting all the way from afar !

Hi everybody

Greetings all the way from Boston, USA.... Once again, Merry X'mas!! I have received several greeting sms while I was here, pardon me for not replying...

I have been travelling from New York City to various cities and states over the last 8 days incluidng New Jersey, Manhattan, Pennsylvania, Philadaphia, Washington DC .... to Canada Niagara Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Ontario, Montreal, Quebec City, today back to USA, Boston. (some of names I might not have spelt correctly coz don't have my itininery & notes with me). By end of tomorrow we will be end of our trip with the guided tour and my friends and I will be on our own for a few more days to catch up with real shoppings & other sight-seeing at NY... For the past few days, we have spent quite a lot on food (expensive yo) and not much shoppings....

It has been pretty hectic coz we practically travelling around in a coach bus and everyday have to check in & out at different hotel. Everyday got to wake up early to start off the day and check in late at night. However, we have covered a lot of places and see a lot of beautiful scenaries and nice buildings, so I think overall it is still worthwhile going through the trouble. This is my first visit to the USA and Canada, so we thought going on a guided tour would be more beneficial as we can cover more places. If given a choice for a repeat visit, we would go on free & easy for sure.

The weather has been rather cold so far, not snowing when we arrived in New York, but there was evidence of winter storm a few days before we arrived, so we were very lucky in a way to have missed the worst weather. Along the way we saw a lot of snow covered scenaries...only until the day before yesteray when we were at Montreal, we managed to experience snow showers right before us.... everyone was so excited and happy.... at least we have experienced the snowy white Christmas eve... All in all, I would say that the cold was bearable provided it was not windy.... My friends and I were having a good time so far...

Ok...so much for tonight... got to go back to my room to catch some sleep liao... coz tomorrow have to wake up very early at 5.30am.... I still not very sleepy coz on and off sleeping in the coach...

Not sure when I'll be able to access to the internet again.... until then, wish u all a Happy New Year !! Cheers!

22 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Margaret,

Gd to hear that u enjoy yrself over there! So i m sure u will continue to enjoy the following day too ......take care n 好好的血拚一场吧!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Hi Margaret

Good to hear from u from USA....

Kate said...

hello margaret,
很高兴看到你从远方逍来的信息,好羡慕你哦!享受一个与众不通的圣诞节。期待你的归来与我们分享你的精彩美国之旅。期待那些精美照片出炉。天气冷要保重噢!

Eileen said...

Margaret,

哇!看到皑皑白雪,煞是开心。配套旅行,真的很累,天天都要早起,不过最重要开心。要照顾身体,可别着凉噢!期待你的归来和上载你的精美的照片。

Oink Oink said...

Margaret,

Surprised to hear from u from USA, I thot u would hv forgotten us leh. U are right, I was told by my sis-in-law staying in US, there was a snow storm on 15Dec, u r lucky.

Be more careful when you gals are on your own. Enjoy the snow and of cos SHOPPING too.

Safe journey...take care...
:-D

Nicole Hah said...

Margaret,

很高兴看到你从远方传回来的消息。还好你还没有玩疯了,还记得我们,呵呵~~~

Take care!!!

惠芬的世界 said...

很高兴看到你的信息,好好的享受外国的天气吧!Enjoy your shopping & trip.

Margaret said...

Hi folks,

Many thanks for your all your thoughts! I trust you all have also been enjoying your X'mas holidays with your family & friends.

I am enjoying myself very well, a lot of sightseeing...took a cruise to see the Statue of Liberty at the island yesterday and also visited the Ellis Island. Last 2 days we were on our own, so more relaxed but also spent more time outside, didn't get back to hotel until very late. I couldn't buy a lot of things and had in fact shopped buying things coz worry of excess baggage. My friends said it is not worth it to pay for excess baggage. More money were spent on food... Oh yah, how's all the baking & cooking. Any new stuff which I have missed?

heehee....I'm now communicating with you all at the Apple outlet. So far my hotel didn't have free access to internet. Today would be my last day in New York, we are catching our plane tonight around 8pm, transiting in Germany before flying back home. Now doing window shopping along 5th & 6th Avenue.

Take good care everyone.... chat with you & see you soon.

Margaret said...

Happy New Year to each and everyone !! Have a joyous & memorable New Year ahead.

Anthony said...

Margaret;

祝你和家人
新年快乐,心想事成,万事如意!

Michelle said...

Margaret,

Think u had a gd great time having yr countdown in oversea ya! Enjoy yrself n wishing u a Happy New Year 2008 !!!

Richard said...

Margaret,

Wishing you & your family

« Happy New Year 2ÖÕ8 »

«« 一帆风顺 »»

««« 旗开得胜 »»»

Irene said...

Margaret,

新年快乐
顺心顺意

Mabel said...

Hi Margaret

Interesting and exciting experience. I like to wish you a happy and blessed 2008.

Look forward to see you soon.

Cheers... :)

Oink Oink said...

Hey friend! So you are back? Nice trip ye.. yo..yo..

(haha...)

Happy New Year 2008!!!
:-D

Margaret said...

Hi friends

Happy New Year!

I'm back to Singapore on 1 Jan morning. Very energetic on the 1st day, done all my laundry on reaching home, then went to pamper myself with facial & body massage —attended a funeral wake in the evening, took whole day rest yesterday to catch up with my sleep & kill my jetlag. This morning back to reality life - back to work! Having this long meeting 1st thing right up to mid afternooon...sigh...meanwhile, just took my packed lunch...joining the meeting in a few minutes times....catch up with you all later....

Photos...still not uploaded yet...need more time...

Eileen said...

Margaret,

欢迎你回来!期待你上载的照片。

在此祝你:新年快乐、心想事成!

Margaret said...

Hi, now finally can find time to 一一回复你们的留言了。。。

>Hi Michelle
Happy New Year to you too...thank you...I have not really bought a lot of things this time coz worry about excess baggage...at first not sure they go by weight or by no. of luggages...too bad, we couldn't have our new year countdown in NY as we couldn't extend longer - no seats available long time ago.

>Hi Sharon,
thank u for dropping a line here...

>Hi Kate Tan, Eileen, Oink Oink, Nicole
谢谢你们的关怀...我和朋友都拍了好多照片,现在都在朋友那儿,因为太多了,要下载到DVD,还没取回,迟些日子筛选后再陆续上载在blog和大家分享...

>Hi 惠芬,
The cold & snowy weather was indeed very refreshing. Thank you, I've enjoyed my trip very much.

>Hi Anthony, Richard, auntie Irene, Mabel
谢谢你们的祝福,我也祝福你们和心爱的家人have a happy & fruitful new year.

Michelle said...

Margaret,

Welcome home ya !!!! I m sure the mood in holiday still killing u in yr working hr so i think u still need sometime to switch back yrself! Anyway weekend coming so u hv more time to adjust yr timing!!

Cheers !!!

Margaret said...

Hi Michelle

thank you...I think I'm ok since yesterday, didn't slip to sleep during yesterday's meeting, hahaha...

Mabel said...

Hello Margaret

Wei wei.... How come still no latest update yet? Don't be let me hor, so long never update blog.

Must be very busy with your work after such a long holiday? ;).

Looking forward to see you photos from the states and along with your description it will definitely comes alive.

Margaret said...

haha Mabel, sorry to keep u waiting lah, you are quite right, after return from holiday, a lot of office work + other things to catch up , plus I think due to long haul travelling, still suffer some aftermath on & off, feel sluggish at times...
FYI, last Sunday baked pandan butter cake but still haven't got a chance to post it up yet...hahaha~

More importantly, my photo memory card is still with my friend, I haven't found time to collect from her yet. We took a lot of photos altogether, so thought to save them collectively in a DVD. Once i get the DVD, will sure to pick some nice ones to share on blog...

About Me

My photo
an ordinary Singaporean lady beginner in baking